Consultants and contractors are important members of many project teams. Projects leaders need to consider the benefits and costs of contractors and consultants to determine whether they should be included in the project team. An attorney should help you develop agreements to manage project consultant and contractor relationships.
- One of the options that often requires investigation…is whether to bring individuals from outside…your organization to join your project team.…In this video, we'll look at why that can make sense…and some of the most important issues you should consider…when engaging contractors and consultants.…There are some excellent reasons why you might decide…to bring contractors or consultants onto the team.…For example, a consultant can bring skills,…experiences, and insights to your team that will help you…make better decisions and work more effectively.…
Contract employees can help you…scale up our team's capacity.…Many hands make for light work.…And when the project is done, the contractors…and consultants can move onto another project naturally…without you having to re-deploy them or lay anyone off.…But there are also challenges and risks…that come with bringing consultants…and contractors onto the team,…and the best way to manage this is by setting clear goals…and expectations at the very beginning.…
What are you expecting them to do?…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Defining the vision
- Documenting the project scope
- Investigating potential options
- Conducting a SWOT analysis
- Selecting a course of action
- Resolving issues
- Building trust with transparency
- Managing project plans
- Identifying risks
- Changing processes
- Helping people transition
Skill Level Intermediate
Agile Project Management Foundationswith Bob McGannon1h 17m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Changewith Doug Rose1h 1m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Scheduleswith Bonnie Biafore1h 33m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Teamswith Bob McGannon1h 29m Appropriate for all
Next steps2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.