Consultants and contractors are important members of many project teams. Projects leaders need to consider the benefits and costs of contractors and consultants to determine whether they should be included in the project team. An attorney should help you develop agreements to manage project consultant and contractor relationships.
- One of the options that often requires investigation…is whether to bring individuals from outside…your organization to join your project team.…In this video, we'll look at why that can make sense…and some of the most important issues you should consider…when engaging contractors and consultants.…There are some excellent reasons why you might decide…to bring contractors or consultants onto the team.…For example, a consultant can bring skills,…experiences, and insights to your team that will help you…make better decisions and work more effectively.…
Contract employees can help you…scale up our team's capacity.…Many hands make for light work.…And when the project is done, the contractors…and consultants can move onto another project naturally…without you having to re-deploy them or lay anyone off.…But there are also challenges and risks…that come with bringing consultants…and contractors onto the team,…and the best way to manage this is by setting clear goals…and expectations at the very beginning.…
What are you expecting them to do?…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Name who is responsible for approving the resources for the project.
- Recall what the spine of a fishbone diagram represents.
- List characteristics of the environment.
- Identify the tools used for mapping processes.
- Recognize what needs to be captured on the action item list.
- Recall what project metrics should be related to.
Skill Level Intermediate
Next steps2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.