Watch an overview of elicitation, and learn about how great elicitation applies a variety of elicitation techniques to help stakeholders uncover and discover requirements.
- Every project is like an ice berg.…We can only see the tip at the beginning…and it's not until we discover what's beneath…that we truly understand its depths.…We use solicitation techniques to help our stakeholders…find the requirements, needs, risks, dependencies,…assumptions, and opportunities that lie below the surface.…Our goal is to discover and extract information that gives…our team a deep and shared understanding of the customer…and business needs.…
There are many ways to get…the information we need from our stakeholders.…But just asking them what they want…and writing it down won't work.…Our stakeholders see the solution differently…than engineers and developers do.…We need to help them connect the dots…by using high-impact collaboration techniques.…We need to get our stakeholders…and teams thinking and talking about the right topics.…This way we'll get to even better ideas…than we had when we started.…
You can approach collaborative solicitation…techniques in many ways.…First, your approach can include planned…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What's elicitation and analysis?
- The relationship of elicitation to analysis
- Elicitation techniques
- Using interviews, brainstorming, and experiments to elicit requirements
- Analysis techniques
- Working with process models, context diagrams, and decision tables
- Adding to a process, product, or system