Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Edit resources, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- Now that we're comfortable with resources in OmniPlan,…I just wanted to take a moment to look at…editing existing resources, and some of the implications…that that has.…So, we're here in Resource View.…Select any resource, I'm going to choose Designer.…You can see that everything adjusts to the assigned…tasks and milestones for the Designer,…and then we also automatically go to…the resource inspector.…So there's various things here.…This is where I want to look, is the resource inspector…in some detail.…
So, obviously we have the name of the resource,…but this can change it any time.…If we reach a point where move from…just the generic titles, to the actual people's names,…we could add Jane there...…not going to do that now.…We can add an email, and that's useful.…We've already talked about the type of resource,…but here in the inspector, we see it in detail.…We've already talked about units and efficiency.…We'll make one small adjustment here,…because I just want to show you how these things…affect each other.…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Foundationswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley O'Connell1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.