Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Create tasks, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- Tasks are at the very heart of…project management with OmniPlan…and Tasks are exactly what they sound like.…The individual items, or Tasks, that need…to be accomplished to build up toward larger goals,…and eventually, completing a Project.…What we're going to do now, is learn how to…add Tasks to our Project, and like with some of these…other initial movies where we're setting things up,…these Tasks are not yet in relationship to each other,…or in relationship to the Milestones,…so for now, it's really just a List…or an Outline that we're creating.…
Now, you can create Tasks in several ways.…There's a menu, so it'll be Structure, Add,…Task, and one of the first Tasks we'll need,…in the design process are Design Comps.…Now, these can move around any way you want them to move,…and we'll learn how to make different sizes…and make all sorts of adjustments,…but for now, I just want to keep these organized…vis-a-vis our Milestones so I just want Design Comps…to be in the Design Approval section, here,…underneath Design Approval and you can see…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Foundationswith Bob McGannon1h 17m Appropriate for all
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley O'Connell1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.