Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Create resources in OmniPlan, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- Resources are one of the key elements…of managing projects with OmniPlan.…And resources are pretty much what you think they would be.…In most cases, they are staff,…the people who do the work to get your projects done.…Although resources can be other things,…such as equipment or materials.…Really, think of them as any item…that will be utilized to get a task done…and therefore get a project done.…And to this point, we've mostly looked at…tasks and dependencies.…
And we're here in Task view.…For the first time, I want to switch over…to the Resources view.…And what you'll see is things are…a lot more spartan over here.…There is a reflection of all of our tasks,…and they are unassigned,…and you can see that this resembles…pretty well what we have over in Task view,…but it's designed in a different way.…On the left, you see a similar outline portion…to what we have in the Task view,…but in this case, we're at that starting position.…Things are pretty much blank,…and we just have one resource,…Resource 1, by default.…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Foundationswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley O'Connell1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.