Project plans should include activities grouped into deliverables. Deliverables are project milestones. Activities describe the work needed to complete a deliverable. Learning to create project plans that show dependencies between activities, including successor and predecessor relationships, is useful for planning and managing project work.
- Time management expert Alan Laken said:…'Planning is bringing the future into the present…so that you can do something about it now.'…Developing your project plan is a key part…of resolving to a course of action.…There are many different methods…and I've tried a lot of them.…In this lesson I'll share a straight forward system…for creating easy to manage project plans.…We need to begin by explaining the difference…between deliverables and activities.…A good deliverable has to be something…that actually gets delivered.…
It is tangible or observable and it is either…complete or it's not complete.…Let me illustrate what I mean with some examples…of the deliverables for H Plus Sport.…Site layout, this is a deliverable…because it is tangible and it describes…an important work stream.…The site layout is either done or it's not done.…Someone needs to sign off on it being completed.…Occupancy permit.…Again it's tangible, it's either done or it's not done…and it describes the work stream.…
Internet connection, tangible, check.…
- Defining the vision
- Documenting the project scope
- Investigating potential options
- Conducting a SWOT analysis
- Selecting a course of action
- Resolving issues
- Building trust with transparency
- Managing project plans
- Identifying risks
- Changing processes
- Helping people transition
Skill Level Intermediate
Next steps2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.