Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a milestone, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- Milestones in OmniPlan are exactly what they sound like.…They are markers that indicate…major goals being accomplished…in a project.…What we want to do in this movie,…is set up our initial milestones…and see how they work.…Like many things in OmniPlan,…milestones will become more clear…once they're put in relationship to things like…tasks and dependencies.…We're starting in our exercise file,…and you can see it's just for the moment…pretty much, a blank project file,…like the one we just saw when we were starting a project.…
For convinience, I'm going to go ahead and just…delete this default task that comes with the project.…There's other ways we can navigate this,…we could change its name,…or change it from a task, to a milestone,…but just to start from a clean slate,…I'm going to click it, and delete it.…So now we have a truly, truly blank project.…And I want to start by laying in our major milestones.…Again, these are major accomplishments or goals…in the course of a project.…
So, there's a few ways to create them.…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Principleswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley O'Connell1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.