Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Create hammock tasks, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- Hammock tasks are a special type of task…inside OmniPlan.…They indicate flexibility as to how long…the task can take.…So there's only certain types of tasks…that can be converted to hammock tasks.…The example is the very last task we have;…copy editing.…The idea that you can see here is that copy editing…can't start until the content is finalized.…
That is the number 12, the milestone…for content finalized.…So once content is finalized copy editing…can start.…However, what happens after copy editing…is nothing for a long time until we actually…launch the site.…Which is all the way here.…Really we have copy editing down for one day…but nothing is needed in copy editing for several…more days until we're ready to actually launch.…So if I select copy editing you'll see that I…have the option over here in the inspector…to turn this into a hammock task.…
Now that option is frequently going to be…grayed out.…It's only going to be available for tasks…that have sort of an open end to them.…That have time after them or time before them.…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
Project Management: Iterative Methodswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Intermediate
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.