Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Create and edit exceptions, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- We've seen how Calendar View can be used…to set up the work week, and to set up special work weeks…for different resources.…Now what I want to do is set up some exceptions.…That's when we'll have work weeks that are not…the typical work week, like a holiday or an off day.…So, here we are back in Calendar View,…and if you're not there also, go ahead and…click that middle button on the top left…of the Toolbar, our different views.…And what I want to do is, well notice that…we've set up the general work week,…and we've set up some specific work weeks for…our Creative Director and Designer, things like that.…
If we click here on nothing, we just get…the normal work week hours, and what I want to do…is switch down here from Normal Hours to…Extra & Off Hours.…And two things to notice when I click this.…One is, we get a new calendar on the bottom left,…which is a monthly calendar to indicate…specific weeks of the month, and then in our…big weekly calendar, the green block has gone dotted.…The dotted outline indicates that that's…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Foundationswith Bob McGannon1h 17m Appropriate for all
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley O'Connell1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.