How do teams communicate and coordinate well with LeSS? Doug Rose describes the organization of a sprint team. He explains the importance of the sprint planning meetings in keeping a LeSS team well coordinated. He also describes the product owner's role in this.
- Let's look at how teams coordinate…in LeSS product delivery.…You start out with your Sprint Planning 1 meeting.…Here, the product owner gave you the top items…from the product backlog.…This is where all the teams find out…what they'll work on in the sprint.…Then you had the Sprint Planning 2 meeting.…It's here that you broke down the sprint goal…into actual work.…The feature teams work together to deliver the product.…So now, your teams are working together…on delivering the product.…This should be the bulk of what they do within a sprint.…
It's here where LeSS offers some guidance…on how your feature teams should coordinate their work…into a single product.…Many large organizations do this…with business analysts and project managers,…but remember that LeSS is still scrum, only bigger.…Like scrum, the teams are still cross-functional…and self-organized.…That's why LeSS encourages your teams to be chatty.…You don't want your teams stuck in many formal meetings.…Instead, you want everyone on the team to self-organize,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Descaling enterprise agile
- Defining Larman's Laws and LeSS principles
- LeSS product owner and scrum master
- Growing Scrum
- Defining "done"
- Organizing a sprint review
- Organizing an overall retrospective
- Approaching key challenges