Join Bob McGannon for an in-depth discussion in this video Connecting quality and scope management, part of Project Management Foundations: Quality.
- Let me share a story with you.…I once performed a review of a project that delivered…all of the scope that was asked for by the customer.…However, the appropriate analysis was not performed…at the beginning of the project.…As a result, the "perfectly delivered scope"…that came from the project did not…actually satisfy the needs of the client.…This was a failure to deliver…a quality, fit-for-purpose product.…Quality and scope are absolutely intertwined.…
Successfully managing quality and scope…involves handling three things.…Satisfying business objectives, or the what;…delivering practical tools, equipment,…and/or facilities to achieve results, or the how;…and lastly, the ease of use of project deliverables.…Let me explain these by providing…two very different examples.…First, imagine a new highway being built…between two fast-growing areas in a major metropolitan area.…
The business objective of building the new highway may be…to relieve traffic issues on other secondary roads,…or to shorten the travel time…between the two growing areas of the city.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is project quality?
- Using Pareto analysis and Lean Six Sigma
- Balancing quality, project workload, and customer needs
- Addressing quality issues
- Planning IT tests
- Testing deliverables<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.