Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Connect tasks with dependencies, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- At the very heart of managing projects in OmniPlan…is connecting tasks with dependencies.…And we're learning more about tasks…and we've already seen how dependencies look…and how they generally function.…You recall that those are those gray lines…that connect the tasks and the milestone,…one is a prerequisite for another to happen.…And as you recall, thus far we've basically connected these…in that linear fashion that is Concept board should be done…for Feedback round 1 to start and so on.…
And we've also connected tasks to tasks and milestones…in a one-to-one fashion.…So it's not been the case so far that something…has multiple prerequisites to go forward.…But we do have some other possibilities…with dependencies, so I wanted to point out…both how those work, where they manifest in the interface,…and then also from a project management point of view…how we might utilize these different options…that we have with dependencies.…So starting from the top if I select the task…that is Concept board over in the Task inspector,…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley O'Connell1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.