Are you proactive with conflict, or do you avoid it? Learn what healthy conflict management means to requirements work, and key tips to resolve conflict as a BA.
- Conflict in requirements is common…and if it's not happening,…it may be a sign something's off.…Healthy conflict is good.…When conflict pushes us to challenge our own assumptions…and learn from other points of view,…we have an opportunity to create better products.…Conflict tends to have a negative connotation…and because of this, many of us do everything to avoid it.…Healthy conflict, when handled well,…on teams gets to better results and outcomes.…
This happens when various opinions…and differences are respected.…Respected doesn't mean the team gives in and compromises,…but rather, everyone listens and acknowledges the conflict…as a manner to get to shared understanding,…and potentially, even better ideas…than any one person's idea.…It helps to approach conflict with a goal…of learning about the other points of view.…So, what does healthy conflict process look like?…Let's look at a process to resolve conflict in general.…
First, separate the people from the problem.…Next, make sure your relationship integrity remains.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identify the elements of co-creating.
- Explore the fundamentals of influencing without authority.
- Determine the essentials for facilitating a meeting.
- Break down the important verbal skills necessary to be a stellar business analyst.
- Define business acumen.
- Examine the important elements of innovative business skills.
- Recognize the impact of systems thinking in regard to analytical skills.
- Define data analysis.