Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Compare the baseline to the actual schedule, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- Baselines are used for comparing…your plan schedule to the schedule…as it actually transpires in the real world.…In a previous movie, we've gone ahead…and created a baseline.…So now what we want to do is that comparing function.…See how we're doing versus our baseline.…So we're not exactly where we left off.…What's happened is here is something…we've talked about in a different movie,…which is that the project has progressed.…So you see the darker blue lines.…
So you can see that as those blue lines darken,…that's an indication of progress,…and we've talked earlier about individually…progressing tasks.…So that's what's happened here.…We've been managing our project…and we've moved forward.…I can see just at a glance that research…has been completed, so the writing group…is moving forward, and it looks like several…stages of design have moved forward,…the concept board,…the first round of feedback,…and it looks like we're…almost done our design comps.…
So that's all going well.…I'm also noticing I've got no dark blue shading…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Principleswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley O'Connell1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.