Developing and managing a project communication plan is important for project leaders to sustain change and enable transitions in cross-functional projects. This online course describes the objectives in developing and executing a project transition communication plan for project teams and project management.
- Proper communications can go a long way…toward helping people make the transitions…that projects require.…Let's see how to create a communications plan…that will make your transitions more successful.…Projects cause change and even simple changes…can sometimes lead to consequences that are hard to predict…or imagine.…A negative reaction to someone who's affected by a change…can undermine the success of a project.…So let's start by looking at three ways…to use communications proactively…to help people make a transition.…
First, communicate before the change occurs.…By communicating early, you begin to leverage…the perspectives of people outside of the team…to help identify potential risks and issues…that may not have been noticed.…The feedback from your communications gives you…an opportunity to find and resolve problems…before they materialize.…Second, communicate during the change.…By communicating during the change, you help people…understand what's happening and why.…
Remember, no matter what the change is,…
- Defining the vision
- Documenting the project scope
- Investigating potential options
- Conducting a SWOT analysis
- Selecting a course of action
- Resolving issues
- Building trust with transparency
- Managing project plans
- Identifying risks
- Changing processes
- Helping people transition
Skill Level Intermediate
Agile Project Management Foundationswith Bob McGannon1h 17m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Changewith Doug Rose1h 1m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Scheduleswith Bonnie Biafore1h 33m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Teamswith Bob McGannon1h 29m Appropriate for all
Next steps2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.