Developing and managing a project communication plan is important for project leaders to sustain change and enable transitions in cross-functional projects. This online course describes the objectives in developing and executing a project transition communication plan for project teams and project management.
- Proper communications can go a long way…toward helping people make the transitions…that projects require.…Let's see how to create a communications plan…that will make your transitions more successful.…Projects cause change and even simple changes…can sometimes lead to consequences that are hard to predict…or imagine.…A negative reaction to someone who's affected by a change…can undermine the success of a project.…So let's start by looking at three ways…to use communications proactively…to help people make a transition.…
First, communicate before the change occurs.…By communicating early, you begin to leverage…the perspectives of people outside of the team…to help identify potential risks and issues…that may not have been noticed.…The feedback from your communications gives you…an opportunity to find and resolve problems…before they materialize.…Second, communicate during the change.…By communicating during the change, you help people…understand what's happening and why.…
Remember, no matter what the change is,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Name who is responsible for approving the resources for the project.
- Recall what the spine of a fishbone diagram represents.
- List characteristics of the environment.
- Identify the tools used for mapping processes.
- Recognize what needs to be captured on the action item list.
- Recall what project metrics should be related to.
Skill Level Intermediate
Project Management: Iterative Methodswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Teamswith Bob McGannon1h 29m Intermediate
Next steps2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.