Join Doug Rose for an in-depth discussion in this video Common challenges, part of Enterprise Agile: Changing Your Culture.
- When you start an organizational change,…you might quickly realize that there's no one framework…that perfectly fits your organization.…That's because most organizations have…their own quirks and characteristics.…They're filled with many people…from different backgrounds, and it's hard to find…two organizations that are completely alike.…Still, there are a few common challenges…that you'll run into when you're starting…your organizational change.…Here are five that you'll almost certainly see…when you're starting out.…
The first challenge is that many organizations…don't spend enough time on the people side…of an organizational change.…This happens when there's a lot of management pressure…to make big changes.…There will be a round of training…and then everyone will be expected to be…onboard for the change.…Remember that organizational changes…have a significant emotional impact.…People are usually nervous about big changes.…You need to take the time for them to have a voice.…You have to check to make sure that people…
That's why this course is the first in a four-part series on enterprise agile. In this course, Doug Rose helps you lay the groundwork you'll need to make this radical organizational change. First, learn how to identify your organization's culture. There are many different types of organizational cultures, and each one presents its own set of challenges. Then, see different approaches to making a widespread organizational change. Finally, learn about the common challenges that almost all organizations face when starting enterprise agile.
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recognize what must be in place before implementing a framework.
- Identify a simple strategy for implementing organizational change.
- Name the culture type that pushes for certainty and depends upon hierarchy.
- Recall what occurs in a competence culture.
- Explain organizational culture and describe how it relates to an agile transformation.
- Define the fearless change approach.
- List the eight steps in Kotter’s 8-Step approach.