There are some key items to consider to determine if a Cloud computing solution is right for you and your business. In this video, Bob McGannon discusses Cloud computing factors, such as time to implement, scalability needs, and data sensitivity. In addition, the considerations for disaster recovery, or business continuity, and resource availability are discussed. Cloud computing can provide a very favorable option, however, it doesn’t mean all solutions should be cloud-based.
- As an avid hiker I recognize…safe and dangerous cloud formations.…When you're in a remote area the last thing you want…is to be caught in severe weather.…Now there's a whole new type of cloud,…and just as with hiking,…there are good and bad clouds in the technical world.…Let's talk about cloud computing…and discuss the pros and cons of utilizing cloud services.…Let's start with a definition.…Cloud computing is a general term for the delivery…of hosted services over the Internet.…
So someone else, a vendor, provides the hardware…and/or software to host a solution for you.…For example, you may use a cloud service…to store your data or music files online.…Your service provider manages the servers…and the software for you.…No more backups to worry about…as that's part of the cloud service.…Services provided by cloud computing…are also called software as a service, SaaS,…and infrastructure as a service, IaaS.…
Software as a service is also referred to as web services.…Here are some key things to think about…when considering a cloud computing solution.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identifying and managing stakeholders
- Guiding process and organizational change
- Considering a cloud-based solution
- Planning a technology project
- Assessing risks and changes
- Executing a technology project
- Addressing challenges such as conflict and changing priorities