Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Check the critical path, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- The critical path in OmniPlan…is the path through your Gant diagram…that the actual end date depends on.…And OmniPlan has a great feature…called Check Critical Path that highlights…instantly what is the key set of tasks…and dependencies that will determine…an on time completion.…So, lets see how this looks.…I'm right where we left off and I'm in Task View…and I've done all the work to set up my…project in terms of tasks, resources…and dependencies.…
In order to check the critical path…we can make it manifest up under…View then Gant and then Critical Path.…So there you can see the critical path…manifest in red.…And there's nothing that takes it back…any earlier than the beta because that's…when things start to depend on each other.…So you can see that what we have is…dependencies starting around here when…the design segment is finished up.…
Nothing is more critical earlier in the process…because there's these separate concurrent stages.…But once things start to come together,…once the template development gets done,…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Principleswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley O'Connell1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.