Change management is critical for managing projects. This online lesson explains the change management process for cross-functional projects and project teams. Effectively managing the change from projects will help project teams be more successful and deliver the projected value from the project charter.
- [Instructor] Projects are all about creating change.…And the fifth pillar of the Direct Project…Leadership Framework, is changing over to the new system.…In this lesson, we'll focus on five key questions…that can help you lead the change successfully.…There's an important point about projects…and changes that we should make here.…Even though projects create changes that are designed…to improve a process, there's usually a drop in performance…at the time when you first make a change.…
Planning in advance for that temporary drop in performance,…can protect your team…from additional stress during the change.…Okay, so, now let's look at how these five questions…will help us change over to a new system at H Plus Sport.…First, what is the new system?…Since they're starting up a distribution center…for online orders, the new system will be to route…those orders to the new facility.…That means, H Plus needs to build a new building,…fill it with inventory, hire and train the staff,…and update their order processing system.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Name who is responsible for approving the resources for the project.
- Recall what the spine of a fishbone diagram represents.
- List characteristics of the environment.
- Identify the tools used for mapping processes.
- Recognize what needs to be captured on the action item list.
- Recall what project metrics should be related to.
Skill Level Intermediate
Project Management: Iterative Methodswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Teamswith Bob McGannon1h 29m Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Changewith Doug Rose1h 1m Intermediate
Next steps2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.