Join Doug Rose for an in-depth discussion in this video Change myths, part of Enterprise Agile: Changing Your Culture.
- One final bit of guidance from Fearless Change…is the list of several change myths.…These are the common misconceptions…about how organizations change.…The authors go through several of these myths in detail.…Some of these are less common…and some of them are much more likely.…Here are six that you'll almost certainly run into…when starting Enterprise Agile.…The first myth is that if you have something…that adds value to the organization…it'll be easy to convince others to accept the change.…
You need to remember that not everyone…will see value in your change.…Not everyone will agree that your organization…will get value from a more Agile mindset.…These skeptics might not block your progress…but they're not convinced…that Agile will improve your organization.…Even if everyone does agree on the value of the change,…not everyone will agree that the change is right…for your organization.…You might hear something like,…I'm sure Agile works fine for companies like Google,…but this is an office supply business.…
When you're the change evangelist…
That's why this course is the first in a four-part series on enterprise agile. In this course, Doug Rose helps you lay the groundwork you'll need to make this radical organizational change. First, learn how to identify your organization's culture. There are many different types of organizational cultures, and each one presents its own set of challenges. Then, see different approaches to making a widespread organizational change. Finally, learn about the common challenges that almost all organizations face when starting enterprise agile.
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recognize what must be in place before implementing a framework.
- Identify a simple strategy for implementing organizational change.
- Name the culture type that pushes for certainty and depends upon hierarchy.
- Recall what occurs in a competence culture.
- Explain organizational culture and describe how it relates to an agile transformation.
- Define the fearless change approach.
- List the eight steps in Kotter’s 8-Step approach.