Join Doug Rose for an in-depth discussion in this video Change myths, part of Enterprise Agile: Changing Your Culture.
- One final bit of guidance from Fearless Change…is the list of several change myths.…These are the common misconceptions…about how organizations change.…The authors go through several of these myths in detail.…Some of these are less common…and some of them are much more likely.…Here are six that you'll almost certainly run into…when starting Enterprise Agile.…The first myth is that if you have something…that adds value to the organization…it'll be easy to convince others to accept the change.…
You need to remember that not everyone…will see value in your change.…Not everyone will agree that your organization…will get value from a more Agile mindset.…These skeptics might not block your progress…but they're not convinced…that Agile will improve your organization.…Even if everyone does agree on the value of the change,…not everyone will agree that the change is right…for your organization.…You might hear something like,…I'm sure Agile works fine for companies like Google,…but this is an office supply business.…
When you're the change evangelist…
That's why this course is the first in a four-part series on enterprise agile. In this course, Doug Rose helps you lay the groundwork you'll need to make this radical organizational change. First, learn how to identify your organization's culture. There are many different types of organizational cultures, and each one presents its own set of challenges. Then, see different approaches to making a widespread organizational change. Finally, learn about the common challenges that almost all organizations face when starting enterprise agile.
- Establishing the groundwork
- Understanding the change
- Reviewing organizational culture
- Identifying your organizational culture
- Trying the Kotter approach
- Being fearless
- Evangelizing change
- Changing myths
- Focusing on culture
- Dealing with common challenges