In this video, Claudine Peet explains some of the challenges faced when delivering a project and applying MoSCoW prioritisation, and how to overcome these some of the challenges you will face.
- Applying MoSCoW may sound easy,…but it will require a shift in mindset.…Your clients will need to begin thinking in new terms.…Thinking more about outcomes and results…rather than detail deliverables.…There are a number of common challenges you'll face…when using MoSCow.…It's worth looking at what you might be up against…and how to tackle some of these challenges.…So the most common challenge I hear…is that the customer wants everything.…
All requirements are a must, they can't possibly…do without anything.…Their argument is, I'm paying for it so I expect to get it.…For these situations, it's worth explaining to the customer…that they have two options.…Either fixed time, cost, and quality…so they cannot be changed but have the flexibility…to add and change requirements to get a better solution,…or define in detail every requirement…and fix them so they cannot be changed.…
But, you must make sure the customer understands…that if any changes need to be made,…they will cost more, take more time, or worst case scenario,…
- Describe what a project’s variables are.
- Identify the best time to define broad project requirements.
- Summarize the process of testing the requirements of a project.
- Recall tips for prioritizing requirements.
- Explain the process of making a requirement change.