Project issues can come from a number of sources. In this video, Bob McGannon presents you with challenge outside of your project. Your ERP project is being impacted by the activity of your business, and the impact can become significant. A new high priority project is impacting the availability of vital staff for your project, and you need to determine how to manage the situation.
- Project issues can come from a number of sources,…including from totally outside your project.…In this challenge, your Store Energy ERP project…is being impacted by the activity of your business,…and the impact can become significant.…Store Energy made an exciting announcement…about a month ago.…They've agreed to acquire one…of their most significant competitors in the marketplace.…At the time, you celebrated along with your colleagues,…but now you're wondering if you should've cried instead.…
Many of your key stakeholders in the HR and payroll teams…are heavily involved in the merger,…and it's become a struggle to make progress on your project.…You were able to switch around some of your project tasks…to accommodate stakeholder unavailability,…but you've run out of options.…Your schedule is slipping, and you're scared…because your project has a lot of senior management focus.…Answer the following question…by referencing the Store Energy case study…in the Exercise Files and by leveraging your own experience.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identify three characteristics of the ideal To Be process map.
- Summarize the steps to manage organizational change.
- Recognize three details to consider when evaluating a cloud solution.
- Recall the consequence of failing to address functionality gaps in a technical solution.
- Determine which facts to collect before discussing resource availability with sponsors.
- Identify the questions to ask when asking team members for feedback on milestone development.