Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Catch up, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- Managing projects and working with base lines,…we've generally been advancing individual tasks manually.…That is, just talking about a specific task,…say, design approval being done, so we move its…slider to complete, or in the Inspector,…we fill in 100% done, or 50% done for halfway there.…There is another way to advance the tasks…in a project, and it's specifically useful…for when everything is on track.…
It's called Catching Up, and it's just like…what it sounds like.…If everything in your project has been progressing…on plan, you can use the Catch Up command…to simply advance all of the tasks to a specific date.…Here's how it works.…Up under Project, we can go Catch Up to Date.…Now, we have a few choices here,…but they're pretty self explanatory.…By the way, you'll have to be very careful…if you want to use the Exercise File to Catch Up to Date,…because obviously, you won't be watching this…on the same date that I recorded it.…
So, this is the current date, but if you wanted…to Catch Up a project to a custom date,…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Principleswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley O'Connell1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.