As an agile product owner learn how to guide your team through the “buy a feature” prioritization technique. Angela takes you through several examples of how you can successfully lead your team through this insightful decision process.
- You've probably heard the phrase…that "We put our money where our values are."…And the Buy-a-Feature prioritization technique…is all about making decisions and choosing priorities…based on a limited amount of money…and more features than money can buy.…Imagine if you could test customers…on what they would actually pay for.…Teams play Buy-a-Feature as a group…with stakeholders and with customers…to understand the choices people make…when faced with needing to spend on the functionality.…
This also keeps teams away from prioritizing, planning,…and debating when to include the technical items.…These technical items need to be understood…by the team and users from a value perspective…for them to be purchased and prioritized.…This activity improves the quality of the decisions…about what to include in a release…and when ordering the items in a sprint.…Our teams and customers themselves…typically do not have defined priorities.…They want everything.…
So forcing decisions helps draw out…why certain features, or what about them,…
- Identify the fundamentals of release planning.
- Recognize the steps involved in product backlog refinement.
- Define personas.
- Explore the components of story maps.
- Break down the elements of acceptance criteria.
- Examine forced ranking prioritization in the backlog.
- Explore the parts of a sprint planning meeting.
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Analysis Foundations: Fundamentals (2014)with Haydn Thomas2h 13m Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Requirementswith Terri Wagner1h 35m Intermediate
1. Create a Meaningful Product Backlog
2. Backlog Refinement Techniques
3. Product Backlog Prioritization
4. Key Concepts for Agile Teams
5. Agile Meetings and the Product Owner
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.