As an agile product owner learn how to guide your team through the “buy a feature” prioritization technique. Angela takes you through several examples of how you can successfully lead your team through this insightful decision process.
- You've probably heard the phrase…that "We put our money where our values are."…And the Buy-a-Feature prioritization technique…is all about making decisions and choosing priorities…based on a limited amount of money…and more features than money can buy.…Imagine if you could test customers…on what they would actually pay for.…Teams play Buy-a-Feature as a group…with stakeholders and with customers…to understand the choices people make…when faced with needing to spend on the functionality.…
This also keeps teams away from prioritizing, planning,…and debating when to include the technical items.…These technical items need to be understood…by the team and users from a value perspective…for them to be purchased and prioritized.…This activity improves the quality of the decisions…about what to include in a release…and when ordering the items in a sprint.…Our teams and customers themselves…typically do not have defined priorities.…They want everything.…
So forcing decisions helps draw out…why certain features, or what about them,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Rallying your team around the product vision
- Creating an agile product roadmap
- Creating a release plan focused on value
- Breaking down features
- Setting up, creating, and analyzing user story maps
- Collaborating on the big picture
- Leveraging user stories
- Prioritizing the product backlog
- Working with your team
- Defining what "ready" and "done" mean
- Avoiding technical debt
- Guiding your team through estimating exercises
- Making sprint planning and standup meetings beneficial