To understand what benefits realization is about, define what brings value to the business and why value emphasis is important for program managers.
- If what you own and what you get are valuable,…how does this look for businesses?…Organizations are always looking to increase value,…and this is the driver of their investments.…What value does an organization own?…We group these assets into two categories,…tangible and intangible.…A tangible asset would be the money they have,…the property they own, and what they produce.…An intangible asset is trickier to identify,…but is equally as important.…
Examples of intangible assets are knowledge and brand.…They both deliver benefits and have value.…Here's another question for you.…Can you lose value from something you own?…Sure.…An organization can lose money, lose knowledge,…and the brand can lose its value.…When an organization sees this happening,…they will go ahead and change their strategy,…or at least try to change it.…Programs are put together to create value,…and the program processes are supposed to ensure…that the benefits are delivered.…
What can hold up a program from delivering value?…If it takes longer to deliver benefits…
- What is program management?
- Who are program managers?
- Program versus project
- Program life-cycle phases
- Aligning programs to an organization's strategies
- Analyzing needs and planning programs
- Delivering and sustaining benefits from programs
- Working with program stakeholders
- Supporting program governance activities
- Managing program finances and resources
- Scheduling programs
- Managing program scope and quality
Skill Level Intermediate
Developing Your Leadership Philosophywith Mike Figliuolo1h 24m Appropriate for all
1. Getting to Know Program Management
2. Program Management Performance Domains
3. Program Strategy Alignment
4. Program Benefits Management
5. Program Stakeholder Engagement
6. Program Governance
7. Program Life Cycle Management
8. Program Management Supporting Processes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.