Rarely does any technology change proceed without creating a need for altered business processes. In this video, Bob McGannon takes you through building business process maps including analyzing performance areas, the decisions that are made and by whom, the information or status required and what the desired outputs are in both content and format.
- My wife will the first to admit that she's become…very particular about her coffee in the morning.…So, we bought one of those fancy espresso makers,…and as a result, my morning routine has changed.…I used to put water and coffee in a pot and turn it on.…Now I'm carefully measuring and compacting coffee,…frothing milk, and warming the cups…so we can have the perfect morning pick me up.…In other words, new technology…has changed my morning process.…
Rarely does any technology change proceed…without creating a need for altered business processes.…In fact the for business process change…is often the inspiration for technology projects.…This is because technology can bring about…efficiencies that are otherwise not achievable.…As technology change is planned and implemented,…business process changes are typically required…to maximize the effectiveness of the change.…To appropriately plan the journey to where you want to be,…it's important to first understand your point of departure.…
I recommend you complete As Is…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identifying and managing stakeholders
- Guiding process and organizational change
- Considering a cloud-based solution
- Planning a technology project
- Assessing risks and changes
- Executing a technology project
- Addressing challenges such as conflict and changing priorities