This video describes the purpose of the business benefits realization plan, when it should be created, who should contribute to the population of the document, and the information recorded in this document.
- Understanding the importance…of the benefits realization is essential.…If you as the project professional don't understand them,…how do you think you'll ever get your senior stakeholders…and anyone else involved in your project for that matter…to achieve their organizational goals.…The purpose of putting…all your benefits realization information…from your baseline data independencies…to your roadmap into an actual plan,…is to have it all in one easily referenced place.…A living document that's referred to…beyond the project life-cycle…to ensure that your project really does achieve…what it set out to achieve.…
Creating a business benefits realization plan…is worth the effort.…I admit, it's often considered the poor cousin…in the project planning process…but once you get a handle on why it's important,…the benefits realization plan will become…one of the most valuable project tools in your kit.…The business benefits realization plan…is the best way I know to really articulate…the expected outcomes of your project.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identify the purpose of portfolio management.
- Determine the point when benefits are fully realized.
- Recall the four pillars of business benefit realization.
- Summarize the information provided by the performance register.
- Explain the steps taken to create a benefits realization plan.
- Identify the four fundamental components of governance.