This video explains the overall business benefits process and the common documents that are produced as part of business benefit realization. These documents will be described in detail in future videos.
- I love vacations, but I'm not a get…in the car and go kind of guy.…I like to spend hours scanning destination websites…and finding new places to take the family.…I thoroughly map out where we're going to go,…when's the best time,…how long it will take to get there,…and our mode of transport options:…planes, trains, or automobile.…Once the planning is done…I'm happy because I know exactly what i have to do…and how much it's going to cost to make this vacation great.…
The benefits realization process…is just like planning a vacation.…Before you set out on your journey,…you need to know where you are going,…the things you need,…and when to pack your bag.…Having all this information up front as your project starts…will give you all the answers…for when your stakeholders ask you, "Are we there yet?"…Know your preferred destination,…the quickest way to get there,…or maybe you want to take the tourist route if time allows,…and how you're going to measure benefits success…before you start too far down the track.…
I like to use three core business benefit deliverables…
- Identify the purpose of portfolio management.
- Determine the point when benefits are fully realized.
- Recall the four pillars of business benefit realization.
- Summarize the information provided by the performance register.
- Explain the steps taken to create a benefits realization plan.
- Identify the four fundamental components of governance.