- Identify why collaboration between the business analyst and the project manager is key.
- Examine the fundamentals of an ideal partnership between the business analyst and the project manager.
- Explore the importance of collaboration on scoping between the business analyst and the project manager.
- Determine the essentials for collaboration between the business analyst and the project manager during the development and testing phase.
- Break down the ways to make communication between the business analyst and the project manager successful.
- Discover the areas of risk the business analyst and the project manager should collaborate on.
- Identify the fundamentals for collaboration between the project manager and the business analyst on scope management and change.
Skill Level Intermediate
- Project managers and business analysts play absolutely critical roles in today's organizations. In today's project environment, where complexity, change, and ambiguity are the norm, project managers and business analysts must collaborate tightly and build deep relationships with one another to get great project results and better business outcomes. Hi, I'm Angela Wick, and welcome to this course which focuses on project manager and business analyst collaboration.
This course guides PMs and BAs through the critical areas of role overlap and collaboration points. I introduce two team members that pave the way for each role through the course. Pat the PM and Bailey the BA, will take us through common scenarios and areas where partnership between these two roles is a must. Things like planning and scope management. They will guide us through the key mindsets and considerations such as changing requirements and stakeholder engagement.
You'll learn from Pat and Bailey that this deep collaboration will build trust with stakeholders, foster an environment for stakeholder engagement, and help the entire team focus on the outcomes that matter with the project. Are you ready to start your path towards better collaboration and discover a deeper relationship between PMs and BAs? Let's dive in!