What are features, and how do they work in LeSS? Doug Rose provides the metaphor of the sandwich shop to describe how LeSS works.
- Now that you've seen some of the challenges…with working in vertical stacks in functional teams,…let's look at some of the ways…that LeSS improves team communication.…One of the first things that you'll notice…is that LeSS uses something called feature teams.…A feature team is a cross-functional…and cross-component team.…That means that everyone on your team…should be able to work on several different parts…of your product.…To work well, these teams need to be very collaborative.…Your developers should be able to…cross-train everyone else in their area.…
These feature teams are like little, flat organizations.…Everyone should work together to deliver the product.…Just like a scrum team, everyone in the rowboat rows.…So imagine that our agile sandwich shop…was using these feature teams.…Let's say that the product owner orders…three different sandwiches with two orders of pie.…The product owner goes back to the kitchen…and bundles together the items into key features.…Let's say that she has three feature teams in the kitchen…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Descaling enterprise agile
- Defining Larman's Laws and LeSS principles
- LeSS product owner and scrum master
- Growing Scrum
- Defining "done"
- Organizing a sprint review
- Organizing an overall retrospective
- Approaching key challenges