What value do the project deliverables have if they cannot be utilized by the organization? Learn how to monitor value after projects have closed and deliverables have been deployed.
- How would you feel if you were to go to the market…to, say, buy a carton of milk,…you looked at the expiration date…and everything looked fine,…you get home and open the carton,…and you find out that the milk is spoiled?…I suspect you wouldn't be too happy.…Now, imagine organizations that spend a fair amount…of money in financing programs.…They have great hope and are not happy…if the organization cannot use what a program has produced.…I guess you have an idea of how important it is…for a program manager to make sure this doesn't happen.…
Benefits transition is all about making sure…the organization finds value in the program results.…So how does a program manager make this happen?…First off, your program success is decided…by your stakeholders.…This means you need to continuously check…if you are covering their needs…and take every opportunity to show them…that you and your team are delivering.…Achievements don't happen on their own.…You need to plan for them.…This includes the benefits that operations take over.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is program management?
- Who are program managers?
- Program versus project
- Program life-cycle phases
- Aligning programs to an organization's strategies
- Analyzing needs and planning programs
- Delivering and sustaining benefits from programs
- Working with program stakeholders
- Supporting program governance activities
- Managing program finances and resources
- Scheduling programs
- Managing program scope and quality
Skill Level Intermediate
Developing Your Leadership Philosophywith Mike Figliuolo1h 24m Appropriate for all
1. Getting to Know Program Management
2. Program Management Performance Domains
3. Program Strategy Alignment
4. Program Benefits Management
5. Program Stakeholder Engagement
6. Program Governance
7. Program Life Cycle Management
8. Program Management Supporting Processes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.