Learn about the program justification, including the tools and techniques used to reach objectives.
- If you cannot identify the benefits…the organization is looking for,…how do you actually deliver them?…Let's look at what benefits identification is, how we do it,…and some tools we use to help us along the way.…Simply, benefits identification is pinpointing…what value the organization is looking for from our program.…Our first stop is the project charter…where the organization justifies the program to begin with.…Here's one from a program I've been involved in.…The organization wanted to standardize…the technology used throughout their business in Europe…in order to streamline processes,…reduce total operations cost, and improve efficiency.…
After we identified the benefits,…we moved on to define the objectives…and how success is measured.…In our example, the objective was to have one…financial database being used in eight countries…and we had three years to make this happen.…If the program was delivered on time…and the business was happy, this was our success metric.…The benefits here would be better data, less personnel,…
- What is program management?
- Who are program managers?
- Program versus project
- Program life-cycle phases
- Aligning programs to an organization's strategies
- Analyzing needs and planning programs
- Delivering and sustaining benefits from programs
- Working with program stakeholders
- Supporting program governance activities
- Managing program finances and resources
- Scheduling programs
- Managing program scope and quality
Skill Level Intermediate
Developing Your Leadership Philosophywith Mike Figliuolo1h 24m Appropriate for all
1. Getting to Know Program Management
2. Program Management Performance Domains
3. Program Strategy Alignment
4. Program Benefits Management
5. Program Stakeholder Engagement
6. Program Governance
7. Program Life Cycle Management
8. Program Management Supporting Processes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.