Learn the importance of program management's value and about alignment required to achieve program benefits. Also, get introduced to program governance.
- This is the moment the organization has been waiting for,…so how do you deliver the benefits they expect?…Let's look…at the activities the program manager will be performing…during this phase and some things…that you will need to watch out for.…Benefits delivery concentrates on getting the benefits…out to the organization.…Some examples would be establishing standard processes,…new products for certain customer segments,…higher market share, just to name a few.…So, how does the program manager accomplish this?…She will first off need to make sure…that the organization hasn't made any changes…to the strategy.…
There's no sense having any work done…that's not needed anymore.…While the benefits are being delivered,…the program manager will need…to make sure all the activities…within the program components are running properly.…As a program manager, here are some tasks to keep in mind.…The program manager needs to solve conflicts quickly.…How are the projects within your program being coordinated?…Are your team members working together?…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is program management?
- Who are program managers?
- Program versus project
- Program life-cycle phases
- Aligning programs to an organization's strategies
- Analyzing needs and planning programs
- Delivering and sustaining benefits from programs
- Working with program stakeholders
- Supporting program governance activities
- Managing program finances and resources
- Scheduling programs
- Managing program scope and quality