Planning is key for a program manager. The realization plan and roadmap help ensure the business receives deliverables to match desired outcomes.
- The planning work for a program is never finished,…but if a program manager doesn't define done,…how does she know that she's got there?…The program manager starts by defining…what needs to be in the benefits realization plan,…or when we plan to deliver the benefits.…Here's an example of a program from my past.…I worked for a company who's serviced global clients…and our competitive advantage…was our multinational footprint.…Once we signed up new clients,…our programs were based on implementing…those new clients into our system.…
Within our programs, we had two key stakeholder groups.…The client was our first stakeholder group.…The client picked us because we could service them…in all the countries they did business in.…With one service provider, they could streamline processes,…drive policy, cut costs, and get consolidated data.…The sooner we can get them rolled out,…the sooner the client would see the benefits.…The second stakeholder group was our company,…who was eager to get the revenue from our new client.…
- What is program management?
- Who are program managers?
- Program versus project
- Program life-cycle phases
- Aligning programs to an organization's strategies
- Analyzing needs and planning programs
- Delivering and sustaining benefits from programs
- Working with program stakeholders
- Supporting program governance activities
- Managing program finances and resources
- Scheduling programs
- Managing program scope and quality
Skill Level Intermediate
Developing Your Leadership Philosophywith Mike Figliuolo1h 24m Appropriate for all
1. Getting to Know Program Management
2. Program Management Performance Domains
3. Program Strategy Alignment
4. Program Benefits Management
5. Program Stakeholder Engagement
6. Program Governance
7. Program Life Cycle Management
8. Program Management Supporting Processes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.