Join Doug Rose for an in-depth discussion in this video Being fearless, part of Enterprise Agile: Changing Your Culture.
- In 2005, Linda Rising and Mary Lynn Manns…released their book called Fearless Change.…This book identified several different patterns…that you see when making large organizational changes.…One of the key concepts in the book…is the idea that change requires a leap of faith.…When you think about it, faith is a strange word…to use when you're talking about organizational change.…Remember that John Kotter stresses…the importance of change leadership.…You need strong leaders that drive the change.…
Faith is something entirely different.…You're asking people to believe in the change.…They need to have faith it will improve their organization.…That's why Fearless Change uses the term change evangelist.…This is the person who helps get others…to believe in the change.…They believe in the power of the change…to make things better.…The reality is that no one really knows…what's going to happen after a large organizational change.…Change leaders can communicate confidence,…but that doesn't mean that they're any better…
That's why this course is the first in a four-part series on enterprise agile. In this course, Doug Rose helps you lay the groundwork you'll need to make this radical organizational change. First, learn how to identify your organization's culture. There are many different types of organizational cultures, and each one presents its own set of challenges. Then, see different approaches to making a widespread organizational change. Finally, learn about the common challenges that almost all organizations face when starting enterprise agile.
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recognize what must be in place before implementing a framework.
- Identify a simple strategy for implementing organizational change.
- Name the culture type that pushes for certainty and depends upon hierarchy.
- Recall what occurs in a competence culture.
- Explain organizational culture and describe how it relates to an agile transformation.
- Define the fearless change approach.
- List the eight steps in Kotter’s 8-Step approach.