Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Rallying your team around the product vision
- Creating an agile product roadmap
- Creating a release plan focused on value
- Breaking down features
- Setting up, creating, and analyzing user story maps
- Collaborating on the big picture
- Leveraging user stories
- Prioritizing the product backlog
- Working with your team
- Defining what "ready" and "done" mean
- Avoiding technical debt
- Guiding your team through estimating exercises
- Making sprint planning and standup meetings beneficial
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- Great Agile product owners are critical to an Agile team's success. It's a role that takes practice and requires a focused mindset. If your Agile projects result in valuable products quickly you likely have a high performing product owner on the team. If not, it might be time to examine how product ownership techniques can play a key role in creating better Agile results. Hi, I'm Angela Wick, and welcome to this course which focuses on the essential role of an Agile product owner and provides practical hands-on techniques that successful product owners can use every day.
Product owners determine precisely what gets built and in what order. They have a ruthless focus on value. Agile teams with top performing product owners create inspiring products that customers love. In this course, you'll learn key techniques and insights to fulfill your mission as a product owner. We'll look at techniques like using personas, the purpose alignment model, user stories, story maps, and many more. These techniques will encourage both the business and technical teams to come together as one to delivery value.
Are you ready to start creating better products? Let's dive in.