Join Bob McGannon for an in-depth discussion in this video Addressing quality issues, part of Project Management Foundations: Quality.
- I love to cook,…especially when we're having guests over for dinner.…I enjoy the simplicity…of sharing a meal together with friends,…and when people enjoy what I've prepared,…the experience is that much better.…I've brought a smile to someone's face,…and that's very meaningful to me.…However, dinner with friends…does have a stressful moment now and then.…Sometimes, things will not go as planned,…despite my considerate effort,…and a dish will look a bit strange…and, in the worst cases, taste a bit strange.…
More often than not, I have three choices…to address a strange dish,…and they're the same three choices we face…when quality problems sneak up on us in a project context.…We can, first, fix the existing dish or project deliverable,…second, replace the deliverable with something else,…or, third, find a workaround to make the deliverable usable.…Let's examine some common quality issues…that are addressed by each of these quality cures.…
Fixing a deliverable is common…in the world of information technology.…Sometimes, a module does not perform in ways…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Define project quality.
- Identify quality-planning components.
- Perform quality assurance.
- Examine the cost of quality.
- List types of quality tools.
- Describe the tenets of Pareto analysis.
- Explain the House of Quality approach.
- Apply Lean Six Sigma.
- Test deliverables and roles.