Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Additional Pro features, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- There are about three more Pro features in OmniPlan 3…that I want to touch on before we're done.…We're not going to be able to take…any of these features all that far…in the context of this course,…but I want you to know that they're there…and where to start using them if they fit your needs.…In most of the cases here, we're, again,…talking about some version of extensibility.…Extending OmniPlan outside of its interface…in different ways.…So, here's what I'm talking about.…
One is Microsoft Project integration.…So, in the Pro version you can move back and forth…between Microsoft Project, which is the PC version…of very similar software, and OmniPlan Pro.…And the way you do that is you can simply open…the standard Microsoft Project projects…here in OmniPlan Pro and depending on the version…of Microsoft Project you have,…you can also go back in the other direction.…There are some quirks in this process…so if you're planning on doing this a lot,…I would encourage you to check the Manual…because it lists out some little errors and quirks…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Principleswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley O'Connell1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.