Join David Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Patch WebIOPi for Raspberry Pi B+ and 2, part of Home Monitoring and Control with Raspberry Pi.
- View Offline
- Raspi from doublebind gives us a patch that we need…to make the WebIOPi utility work…both on the Raspberry Pi 2 and the Raspberry Pi B+.…WebIOPi will work on the Raspberry Pi B…but it will not work on the newer ones…without this patch installed.…Now, if we are on this site and we hit the spacebar,…then we just hit a couple up arrows,…what we're going to do…is we're going to find all the information.…So this is the patch for Raspberry Pi B+ and Pi 2,…and all we have to do is actually follow through this,…and again, we're just going to copy and paste this…into our shell.…
We're going to take this complete line here.…We're going to copy it,…and we're going to go back here…and we're just going to paste it in.…So if we just do paste and hit Enter,…it's going to get WebIOPi.…Once it's in, we're then going to grab the next one…which is going to do a tape archive,…and we're just going to copy.…Go back here and paste.…Hit Enter.…
When that's done, we're going to change directory.…Now we could do it by hand…but it's a lot easier to just copy and paste.…
This DIY electronics project provides simple directions for getting your home monitoring system up and running. Author David Ross helps you select a power supply, camera, motion detector, enclosure, and other components and accessories, and make your system "smart" by connecting to web services frameworks such as Weaved and WebIOPi. Then he helps you program the logic to make your Pi camera take pictures and stream video, connect to home peripherals, and mount your alarm system. With this training, and a little elbow grease, you can create a fully autonomous system that helps you and your family feel more secure at home and away.
Note: These instructions work with Raspberry Pi B, Raspberry Pi B+, and Raspberry Pi 2 models.
- Selecting hardware, including a Raspberry Pi camera and a Pi Cobbler
- Configuring VNC, SSH, and WebIOPi services
- Sending SMS messages with the Raspberry Pi
- Taking and accessing pictures remotely
- Setting up video streaming with a Raspberry Pi camera
- Connecting the Pi to the development board
- Connecting the relay and motion detector
- Programming the alarm in Python
- Mounting and securing the alarm system