In this video, you will learn how to install the Windows Performance Toolkit from the msdn website. First you will install the latest Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (Windows ADK) and see how the Windows Performance Toolkit comes with the ADK. After installing the WPT, you will go over the Windows Performance Recorder (WPR) and the Windows Performance Analyzer (WPA) and the features of each.
- [Voiceover] To install the Windows Performance Toolkit,…you'll need to first download…and install the Windows ADK for Windows.…ADK stands for Assessment Deployment Kit.…Scroll down, and you can see here…that it says, "Get Windows ADK for Windows 10."…And right below that is the Get Windows ADK for Windows 8.1.…This ADK also applies to Windows 7 and Windows 8 OS.…Now you need Microsoft.NET Framework.…
If you don't have it, that will be installed as well.…Here I will focus on the Windows 10 ADK.…But you will want to grab the ADK that…matches your Windows OS.…Once again, the installation process for…the different Windows operating systems…will be exactly the same as what I show you here.…Click on Get Windows ADK for Windows 10 to download.…Depending on your web browser,…a prompt may pop up to save the file.…Press Save if you see this prompt.…
After it's done saving, go ahead and open it up.…Now, take note of this installation path.…Don't change it.…Just note it down, so that you'll know where…the Windows Performance Toolkit is located.…
With these diagnostic tools and some efficient programming, you can reduce your app's power consumption while improving its response times. In this course, Thomas Pantels introduces a handful of tools used to measure and optimize power consumption. You will see demos on how to use the Intel Power Gadget, Windows Performance Toolkit, TypePerf, and SoC Watch, along with some simple coding tips for making any Windows app more energy efficient.
- Collecting and analyzing power data with Intel Power Gadget
- Implementing a rendering state machine
- Collecting and analyzing data with the Windows Performance Toolkit
- Understanding idle states, call stack walking, and thread activity
- Windows OS Timer Tick Resolution Rate change
- Optimization techniques to make your app power efficient
- Collecting, analyzing, and comparing data with Windows TypePerf and SoC Watch
Skill Level Intermediate
1. How to Use Intel Power Gadget
2. How to Use Windows Performance Toolkit
3. How to Use Windows Typeperf
4. How to Use Intel Energy Profiler SoC Watch
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.