In this video, you start off on the Intel Developer Zone and go step by step on how to install both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the tool for Windows. After the tool is completely installed you will be shown where the tool installed, some of the installation files and the command line options that are available.
- [Voiceover] You can download the Intel Power Gadget tool…from the Intel Developer Zone.…Now, a couple of things before you start…the installation process.…You need to have a Windows operating system…of seven or higher.…You also need to have an Intel Core Processor…second generation or later.…The other components, such as,…the Visual C++ 2010 Redistributor package…will be installed with the Intel Power Gadget tool.…In the Developer Zone there are two versions for Windows,…the 32 bit and 64 bit packages.…You'll want to use the one that matches your Windows OS.…
By default the Power Gadget…will install to your c drive slash program files…slash intel for both 32 bit and 64 bit Windows.…So the installation process is exactly the same…for both versions,…but here I'm going to focus…on the 64 bit version of the tool.…After clicking on the link…the zip folder will download to your downloads directory.…Click OK if prompted…and once the zip is done downloading extract the contents.…With the contents extracted I want to point out…
With these diagnostic tools and some efficient programming, you can reduce your app's power consumption while improving its response times. In this course, Thomas Pantels introduces a handful of tools used to measure and optimize power consumption. You will see demos on how to use the Intel Power Gadget, Windows Performance Toolkit, TypePerf, and SoC Watch, along with some simple coding tips for making any Windows app more energy efficient.
- Collecting and analyzing power data with Intel Power Gadget
- Implementing a rendering state machine
- Collecting and analyzing data with the Windows Performance Toolkit
- Understanding idle states, call stack walking, and thread activity
- Windows OS Timer Tick Resolution Rate change
- Optimization techniques to make your app power efficient
- Collecting, analyzing, and comparing data with Windows TypePerf and SoC Watch
Skill Level Intermediate
1. How to Use Intel Power Gadget
2. How to Use Windows Performance Toolkit
3. How to Use Windows Typeperf
4. How to Use Intel Energy Profiler SoC Watch
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.