Join David Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring video streaming with the Pi cam, part of Home Monitoring and Control with Raspberry Pi.
- Video streaming on the Raspberry Pi…is possible because of the work done in Flask…by Miguel Grinberg.…Here is his procedure for doing video streaming.…First of all, if you don't have pip,…you're going to have to type in sudo apt-get…install…P-Y-T-H-O-N,…dash, pip.…Okay, once this is done, the next thing you have to do…is use pip to install the picamera.…To do this, we type pip install picamera.…
Okay. It seems it wants us to upgrade the picamera,…so let's just do that,…pip install picamera -- upgrade,…and it says it's up to date.…The next thing we want to do is,…and this is a very long line,…and one of the things you'll find in the Exercise Files…is all of these commands that we've got…and I'm going to paste this one in because it's very long,…and this is git clone https and so forth…and most people having to type this in…is going to be a problem…because there are so many ways you can misspell this,…so at this point, I would suggest…that you actually look at the Exercise Files,…grab this line and paste it in just the way I'm doing.…
This DIY electronics project provides simple directions for getting your home monitoring system up and running. Author David Ross helps you select a power supply, camera, motion detector, enclosure, and other components and accessories, and make your system "smart" by connecting to web services frameworks such as Weaved and WebIOPi. Then he helps you program the logic to make your Pi camera take pictures and stream video, connect to home peripherals, and mount your alarm system. With this training, and a little elbow grease, you can create a fully autonomous system that helps you and your family feel more secure at home and away.
Note: These instructions work with Raspberry Pi B, Raspberry Pi B+, and Raspberry Pi 2 models.
- Selecting hardware, including a Raspberry Pi camera and a Pi Cobbler
- Configuring VNC, SSH, and WebIOPi services
- Sending SMS messages with the Raspberry Pi
- Taking and accessing pictures remotely
- Setting up video streaming with a Raspberry Pi camera
- Connecting the Pi to the development board
- Connecting the relay and motion detector
- Programming the alarm in Python
- Mounting and securing the alarm system