Join David Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure VNC, SSH, and WebIOPi services for Weaved, part of Home Monitoring and Control with Raspberry Pi.
- As time goes on, improvements get made.…In this case, Raspbian Wheezy has now been…updated to Raspbian Jessie.…Other upgrades will be made…as time goes on to improve the experience…you have with Raspberry Pi.…However, sometimes these changes can have…an impact on past procedures.…In this case, the procedure to make…VNC server automatically start up has changed.…So if you have Raspbian Jessie, you will need…to follow the procedure as indicated…on this page.…If you've already done the install…of Raspbian Jessie, you really have…to start at step three here,…create a new et cetera system d…system VNC servers.…
You will do a select all,…and let's take a look…and see how we go about doing that…on the Raspberry Pi.…Okay, now that we're at step three,…we're going to create a new file…/etc/systemd/system/vncserver@.service…by just typing in sudo nano…/etc/systemd/system…/vncserver@.service.…We hit the Enter key…and it's going to put us into the nano editor.…What we want to do is select…all of the code that's here,…just right mouse click…
This DIY electronics project provides simple directions for getting your home monitoring system up and running. Author David Ross helps you select a power supply, camera, motion detector, enclosure, and other components and accessories, and make your system "smart" by connecting to web services frameworks such as Weaved and WebIOPi. Then he helps you program the logic to make your Pi camera take pictures and stream video, connect to home peripherals, and mount your alarm system. With this training, and a little elbow grease, you can create a fully autonomous system that helps you and your family feel more secure at home and away.
Note: These instructions work with Raspberry Pi B, Raspberry Pi B+, and Raspberry Pi 2 models.
- Selecting hardware, including a Raspberry Pi camera and a Pi Cobbler
- Configuring VNC, SSH, and WebIOPi services
- Sending SMS messages with the Raspberry Pi
- Taking and accessing pictures remotely
- Setting up video streaming with a Raspberry Pi camera
- Connecting the Pi to the development board
- Connecting the relay and motion detector
- Programming the alarm in Python
- Mounting and securing the alarm system