Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video Use your email archive effectively, part of Time Management Tips.
- So let's say that you're going through…your email inbox and you get done with an email,…you've completed it, well where does it go?…Now some people keep their email in their inbox…because they want to be reminded of something…or make it easy to find it in the future.…This sets up a situation where you're going…to multi task every single time you look…at your email inbox screen.…You're going to be jumping back and forth…between twenty, thirty, forty emails every single time.…Instead whenever you've scheduled time to deal…with an email or you've responded to it,…simply archive it, put everything into one folder.…
For instance in outlook.com it's very simple…to select one email and hit archive.…And it goes into the archive folder.…Regardless of the email program you're using,…either set up one folder or use the archive.…Now why not categorize all these emails?…Maybe it will make it easier…to find things in the future right?…Well taking all that extra time to set up…folders and sort emails is actually counter productive.…
Have an idea for a future video from Dave? Submit it using our course feedback form. If you want more time management strategies now, we recommend watching Dave's Time Management Fundamentals course.
- Reducing interruptions
- Dealing with feeling overwhelmed
- Responding to quick questions
- Making the most of meetings
- Following up
- Implementing a closed door, open calendar policy
Skill Level Appropriate for all
New This Week
1. Time Management Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.