Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video Stay engaged in video meetings, part of Time Management Tips.
- Do you use video conferencing in your workplace?…Many people do,…yet also many people report that it's distracting…and it's hard to actually have a productive meeting…because of everything that's going on on the screen.…I find that there are two places…where we need to get the most from a video conference.…One is how we prepare…and the other is what we do during the conference itself.…First, in the prepare part,…we want to test the platform that we're going to use.…
We want to test the equipment we will be using,…both video and audio.…We also want to send clear instructions…to everyone in advance…about how to log in and access the platform.…We also want to make sure that we're sitting…in a chair and in a place where we are comfortable.…You may be sitting there for a while…and you want to make sure…that you're relaxed and able to focus.…Also, shut down any programs that are running…perhaps in the background…that might access data.…
This can actually gum up the flow…of the video conference…and make it harder to see people.…
Have an idea for a future video from Dave? Submit it using our course feedback form. If you want more time management strategies now, we recommend watching Dave's Time Management Fundamentals course.
- Reducing interruptions
- Dealing with feeling overwhelmed
- Responding to quick questions
- Making the most of meetings
- Following up
- Implementing a closed door, open calendar policy
Skill Level Appropriate for all
New This Week
1. Time Management Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.