Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video Remove the "busy" tag, part of Time Management Tips.
- Occasionally, I get asked, what do you think…is the biggest obstacle in the way of…people becoming more productive?…My answer is it has everything to do with how…people perceive themselves.…If you ask the average person, how you doing?…Most people right now will say, I'm busy.…Why do people do that?…Why do they equate themselves with being busy?…Well, busy implies that they are doing a lot of activity,…and a lot of activity most people equate with…professional success. In other words, if I'm busy,…I have more self worth.…
I want to change that perception.…Busy is another word for ineffective.…Your success is not determined by the amount…of activity that you're performing, but what you're…achieving with the time that you are spending,…and how much free time you have to enjoy those results.…Imagine for a moment you meet two people.…Both make a high income.…Come up with whatever number you equate with…having a high income.…Person A works 80 hours a week to get that income.…
Person B works 30 hours a week.…Which one is the greater success?…
Have an idea for a future video from Dave? Submit it using our course feedback form. If you want more time management strategies now, we recommend watching Dave's Time Management Fundamentals course.
- Reducing interruptions
- Dealing with feeling overwhelmed
- Responding to quick questions
- Making the most of meetings
- Following up
- Implementing a closed door, open calendar policy
Skill Level Appropriate for all
New This Week
1. Time Management Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.