Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video Power tips for sending email, part of Time Management Tips.
- View Offline
- Email is an essential part of getting…more done in our day.…Yet, some people feel like it's too much a part of their day…and it's hard to use.…Compared to the way things were done in the past,…email is powerful.…But, we need to use it properly.…In this video, I want to give you some tips…to get the most from email, and the way…that I'm going to do that is by starting at the top…of a typical email and work our way down to the bottom.…So, first, at the top is that Reply versus…Reply To All button, and they're too close together.…
Often, people click Reply To All when…they really should click Reply.…Be careful when hitting that button, because if you hit…Reply To All, it may cause unnecessary interruptions…for too many people.…Also, moving on to the To section, you want to…prune out names if possible.…So, if there's a long list of names that you're going…to send that email to, remove anyone…that isn't absolutely necessary.…And if you're going to include someone in the CC…or Carbon Copy, explain to them in the body of the email…
Have an idea for a future video from Dave? Submit it using our course feedback form. If you want more time management strategies now, we recommend watching Dave's Time Management Fundamentals course.
- Reducing interruptions
- Dealing with feeling overwhelmed
- Responding to quick questions
- Making the most of meetings
- Following up
- Implementing a closed door, open calendar policy
Skill Level Appropriate for all
New This Week
1. Time Management Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.