Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video Participate wisely in social media, part of Time Management Tips.
- Social media is a powerful tool.…It can help you grow your career,…it can help you reconnect with long-lost friends,…it has a tremendous impact on your focus,…and focus is the name of the game…when it comes to effective time management.…So we want to use social media carefully…and find balance in our life.…I'm going to share with you a few tips…to get the most out of social media…but not be distracted by it.…Number one is understand the purpose for which you're there.…
Each social media site, LinkedIn,…Facebook, has a different purpose.…For instance, if you walk into the LinkedIn room…you're there to build your career,…if you walk into the Facebook room…you're there to connect with friends,…but often people go into these rooms…of social media sites and lose their way,…they forget why they're there and it becomes…distracting so before you open up one…of these sites understand clearly what you're…there to do, that will help you maintain focus.…
Number two is schedule time…for yourself to use these sites.…Rather than constantly jumping in and out…
Have an idea for a future video from Dave? Submit it using our course feedback form. If you want more time management strategies now, we recommend watching Dave's Time Management Fundamentals course.
- Reducing interruptions
- Dealing with feeling overwhelmed
- Responding to quick questions
- Making the most of meetings
- Following up
- Implementing a closed door, open calendar policy
Skill Level Appropriate for all
New This Week
1. Time Management Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.