Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video Overcome opportunity addiction, part of Time Management Tips.
- [Voiceover] Many people, not all,…suffer from what I call BSOS,…which is bright and shiny object syndrome.…You know what I'm talking about,…it's that desire to chase every great idea…or opportunity that pops into your head.…While it can sometimes lead to success,…it most often leads to distraction,…and a lot of incomplete initiatives.…What we want to do is be more focused.…I'm gonna provide a few tips to help you…overcome this bright and shiny object addiction.…
Number one, most important, is to know yourself.…People who are distracted by lots of bright and shiny…objects often do so because they're…not clear about what they do best.…The more you know yourself and your strengths,…the easier it is to focus your actions…on only those strengths.…If you need help on figuring out what those are,…you might want to check out my course…on discovering your strengths in the library.…Number two is to choose one annual target.…
Pick one big thing that you're…going to accomplish each year.…Not five, not 10, not 12, one.…Make it the year of something,…
Have an idea for a future video from Dave? Submit it using our course feedback form. If you want more time management strategies now, we recommend watching Dave's Time Management Fundamentals course.
- Reducing interruptions
- Dealing with feeling overwhelmed
- Responding to quick questions
- Making the most of meetings
- Following up
- Implementing a closed door, open calendar policy
Skill Level Appropriate for all
New This Week
1. Time Management Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.