Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video Manage digital interruptions, part of Time Management Tips.
- Many people wonder if technology…has actually made us less productive,…if all these interruptions are causing us to get less done.…I like to say that technology is not the problem,…rather our improper use of technology.…We get so many interruptions…via the computer and the smartphone…in a way that constantly is causing us to switchtask,…and every switch we make is reducing our productivity.…We want to be able to focus on our most valuable activities.…
In this way, we need to use technology,…rather than be used by it.…I'm going to give you a few tips.…Keep in mind that with these tips,…they apply to any kind of digital interruption,…whether that's sound or a visual pop-up…or your phone vibrating.…First is email.…Email can help you be more productive.…However, many people are constantly…in a state of checking their email.…Either they are always hitting send and receive…on their email,…or the email is always popping up…and notifying them when email's coming in.…
The first important step to take…is to go into the settings of your email app…
Have an idea for a future video from Dave? Submit it using our course feedback form. If you want more time management strategies now, we recommend watching Dave's Time Management Fundamentals course.
- Reducing interruptions
- Dealing with feeling overwhelmed
- Responding to quick questions
- Making the most of meetings
- Following up
- Implementing a closed door, open calendar policy
Skill Level Appropriate for all
New This Week
1. Time Management Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.